Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Favourite recurring character: KACL staff and professionals

A forum for Frasier and Frasier-related games / polls / quizzes. All registered members are able to start their own polls in this forum.

Bulldog
40%
Chopper Dave
No votes
Gil Chesterton
47%
Bebe Glazer
13%
Julia Wilcox
No votes
Kenny Daly
No votes
Kate Costas
No votes
Noel Shempsky
No votes

Total votes : 15

Postby Paul B » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:31 am

This article on Wikipedia has inspired me to create a series of polls to determine the best recurring character. It will be divided into the categories found on that page.

I'm going with Bebe here, even though she only appears about once per year, she always feels like a big part of the cast, and I couldn't imagine anyone but Harriet Sansom Harris playing her. A deliciously evil, hilarious character, who I would've liked to have seen in more episodes.
Paul B

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:35 am

Since Lilith isn't on the list, I voted for Bulldog. I am a big Bulldog fan!
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Paul B » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:35 am

What has Lilith got to do with KACL?
Paul B

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:37 am

Sorry, didn't see the KACL part. I was just thinking recurring character. :oops:
CatNamedRudy

Postby Paul B » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:39 am

Don't worry. :) Lilith will be included on the "Crane family members" poll, even though technically she's a Sternin again.
Paul B

Postby Davey Boy » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:51 am

Good poll Paul! I too have gone with Bulldog although there are alot of very close contenders there. Looking at the list on Wikipedia makes you realise what a large part of the cast the recurring characters were, many of them well developed with very humourous personalities.
Woody: Pour you a beer, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: Alright, but stop me at one. Make that one-thirty.
Davey Boy

Postby me123 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:52 am

Well, this is a toughie!

As much as I love Noel as a character for so many reasons, I felt he couldn't win here, because he is too much of a stereotype.

I actually don't like bulldog all that much, so obviously I wouldn't have voted for him. I hven't seen much of Kenny, and have no idea who Julia is.

Gil was almost to be my choice. The portrayal is excellent, and he is used sparingly enough to keep his character humerous. Unfortunately, I then noticed Bebe (someone I don't usually include in this group not being an employee of KACL herself).

Despite the fact that she appears in few episodes, and is shamelessly omitted from Season 6 :shock: I feel that every episode I have seen is absolutely hilarious, and I never fail to enjoy a Bebe moment. Gil, however, is perfectly suited to the backgound in KACL and, whilst he always plays an important role and provides many laughs, it has to be Bebe.

PS, Why isn't Father Mike here, as he was in quite a few episodes until he was fired (more than Chopper Dave if I'm right). Campaigning for Tooty is pointless.
me123

Postby DHP » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:21 am

me123 wrote:PS, Why isn't Father Mike here, as he was in quite a few episodes until he was fired (more than Chopper Dave if I'm right). Campaigning for Tooty is pointless.

I agree, Father Mike's missing.

Although I wouldn't expect him to get any votes to be honest. I expect the votes to be split between Gil, Bulldog and Bebe, with maybe a few for Kate. Personally, I was torn between Gil and Bulldog. I used to hate the former and love the latter, but there are times when Bulldog is a tiny bit annoying to me now, and Gil really does shine in some episodes, but I had to go with Bulldog, who after Niles, gets more laughs from me than any other character on the show.
Goodnight Seattle, we love ya!!!
DHP

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:18 am

DHP wrote:
me123 wrote:PS, Why isn't Father Mike here, as he was in quite a few episodes until he was fired (more than Chopper Dave if I'm right). Campaigning for Tooty is pointless.

I agree, Father Mike's missing.

Although I wouldn't expect him to get any votes to be honest. I expect the votes to be split between Gil, Bulldog and Bebe, with maybe a few for Kate. Personally, I was torn between Gil and Bulldog. I used to hate the former and love the latter, but there are times when Bulldog is a tiny bit annoying to me now, and Gil really does shine in some episodes, but I had to go with Bulldog, who after Niles, gets more laughs from me than any other character on the show.

Bulldogs "This sucks. This is total BS" got a tad bit annoying after the bazillionth time he said it but he still made me laugh a lot. I always loved the interactions between he and Roz.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Wezzo » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:44 am

Bulldog, closely followed by Gil.
Wezzo

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:20 am

I'm quite astonished to be the first person voting for Mr Gilbert Leslie Chesterton! :shock:
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby me123 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:53 am

Beer Necessity wrote:I'm quite astonished to be the first person voting for Mr Gilbert Leslie Chesterton! :shock:

If Bebe wasn't there, he'd be doing much better probably.

And I wouldn't expect Father Mike to get votes either, most of the humour came from some of his lines, not him.
me123

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:50 pm

me123 wrote:
Beer Necessity wrote:I'm quite astonished to be the first person voting for Mr Gilbert Leslie Chesterton! :shock:

And I wouldn't expect Father Mike to get votes either, most of the humour came from some of his lines, not him.

Ditto Chopper Dave! I'm glad the producers saw the error of their ways after just 2 episodes of that guy. He was a good idea for a character in principle; in practice he just didn't work.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby me123 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:36 pm

Beer Necessity wrote:
me123 wrote:

Ditto Chopper Dave! I'm glad the producers saw the error of their ways after just 2 episodes of that guy. He was a good idea for a character in principle; in practice he just didn't work.

Chopper Dave sorta dissappered and was then only mentioned; I'd have like him to have some more cameo roles once or twice a season though.
me123

Postby Moon-Crane » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:04 pm

Difficult to choose between Gil and Bulldog, for me. I think i'll plump for Gil this time around.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Cake for Brains » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:43 am

Definitely Gil Chesterton - with Bebe in second place.
Cake for Brains

Postby ailsagirl » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:59 am

Gil is hysterical but I love Bulldog-- I'd hate someone like that
in real life but when he's pitted against Frasier, it fractures me!!

ailsa

:D
ailsagirl

Return to Frasier Games / Polls / Quizzes