Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Your Top Ten Tearjearker Scenes In Movies & TV

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Postby Lil » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:55 pm

5HR1NK wrote:
LaughingIsLife wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:
LaughingIsLife wrote:I never actually made a list, but here are 10 that affected me the most:

1.) Goodnight Seattle (sat there bawling)
2.) Romeo & Juliet (just saw this today - whimpered like a baby)
3.) Castaway (Cat reminded me of this - when he loses Wilson...oh dear
God, Tom Hanks pulls this off so well and so convincing)
4.) My Dog Skip (I'm pretty sure that was Enzo - again, BAWLED)
5.) Fox and the Hound (couldn't even watched the end, too busy crying)
6.) Titanic (need I say more??)
7.) John Q (Denzel's son's heart surgery)
8.) House (I don't want to spoil it...last scene with Amber)
9.) Bambi (his mother's death..no wisecracks this time, ok??)
10.) Star Wars: The Revenge of the Sith (because you know what's going to happen... ah)

There are so many more. I could probably name 1,000 more.

I don't even like Cut Throat Bitch but Wilson made me cry in that scene. It was gut wrenching.

Yeah I can't stand CB either, but Wilson's (and House's!!) emotions got to me. Definitely the #1 emotional scene in House's history thus far.

I think the best moment of Amber's character was when House starting referring to her as "Cut Throat Bitch".

I really want to see the next season.

Me too.

I'm waiting with bated breath.
Lil

Postby 5HR1NK » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:55 pm

I don't know if this makes me a bad person or a character from Seinfeld (indifferent to everything) but I don't ever recall shedding a tear watching a movie or tv, not even in Goodnight Seattle, even though I love the cast of Frasier.

Maybe there's something wrong with me lol
The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it.
5HR1NK

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:56 pm

5HR1NK wrote:I don't know if this makes me a bad person or a character from Seinfeld (indifferent to everything) but I don't ever recall shedding a tear watching a movie or tv, not even in Goodnight Seattle, even though I love the cast of Frasier.

You have no heart! :wink:
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Lil » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:27 am

5HR1NK wrote:I don't know if this makes me a bad person or a character from Seinfeld (indifferent to everything) but I don't ever recall shedding a tear watching a movie or tv, not even in Goodnight Seattle, even though I love the cast of Frasier.

:shock: Who ARE you? Julia Wilcox? :wink:
Lil

Postby 5HR1NK » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:57 am

LaughingIsLife wrote:

Is it a bad thing I don't know who Julia Wilcox is?
5HR1NK

Postby Lil » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:00 am

5HR1NK wrote:
LaughingIsLife wrote:

Is it a bad thing I don't know who Julia Wilcox is?

Julia Wilcox was the character from Frasier that he dated....Felicity Huffman. She played the snot that he said to, 'are you as turned on as i am' or whatever? The real snot who is now in Desperate Housewives.
Lil

Postby 5HR1NK » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:59 am

Is that from a later season? I've only seen up to Season 8 (apart from Goodnight Seattle)
5HR1NK

Postby Lil » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:07 am

Oh! I'm sorry - Julia was in Seasons 10 and 11, I believe.
Lil

Re: Your Top Ten Tearjearker Scenes In Movies & TV

Postby tenpercenter » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:09 am

when goose dies in top gun
"blood is thicker than port. -
i stand corrected"
tenpercenter

Postby DHPfan » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:48 am

In no particular order: 
1) Frasier- The episode where Donny proposes to Daphne in front of Niles and the Crane boys, and that heart-broken expression on Niles' face made me so sad..
2) Frasier- Good night Seattle. Sob
3) Marley and Me- The one with Owen Wilson and the little menace of a golden retriever. I feel like crying every time I think about the ending scene with Owen Wilson saying 'You're a good boy, Marley.' Every time I looked at my 2 darling boys after that I felt sad
4) Hachiko- Another sad dog movie. The final scene when the dog dies was sad..
5) Frasier- The Proposal. Happy tears this tine! :) Felt unexplainably glad for Niles that he finally gathered the guts :) 
6) I can't remember the name of the film, but it was really sad and was about this blind guy who had a golden retriever and it was set during ww2. :( 
7) Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. They should have gotten together!!! :(
8) Titanic- It speaks for itself.    
I'm too sad to write more now, maybe I'll think of more later
Niles: As some illustrious person once said, popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.
DHPfan

Postby woggle » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:00 pm

DHPfan wrote:In no particular order: 
1) Frasier- The episode where Donny proposes to Daphne in front of Niles and the Crane boys, and that heart-broken expression on Niles' face made me so sad..2) Frasier- Good night Seattle. Sob
3) Marley and Me- The one with Owen Wilson and the little menace of a golden retriever. I feel like crying every time I think about the ending scene with Owen Wilson saying 'You're a good boy, Marley.' Every time I looked at my 2 darling boys after that I felt sad
5) Frasier- The Proposal. Happy tears this tine! :) Felt unexplainably glad for Niles that he finally gathered the guts :) 
6) I can't remember the name of the film, but it was really sad and was about this blind guy who had a golden retriever and it was set during ww2. :( 

Definatly gets me going!!!!

Only films i remember gets me goin is the end of the Green Mile and when the horse dies in Never ending story .
woggle

Postby !Amz! » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:45 pm

1) Frasier- The episode where Donny proposes to Daphne in front of Niles and the Crane boys, and that heart-broken expression on Niles' face made me so sad..

That had me bawling, one thing I hate about dog movies, you can alwats tell what's going to happen to the dog in the end. Haven't watched it since we had our beloved cat Ozzy put down last year, too sad :(
!Amz!

Postby !Amz! » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:01 pm

After reading my previous list I've come up with a revised version after watching a hell of a lot more movies and TV:

1. The Notebook - All scenes from when Allie realises the story is about her and Duke, particularly the final scene. This is now probably my favourite movie.
2. A Walk To Remember - Most scenes after
Spoiler: show
Jamie tells Landon she has leukeamia
. The first half of the movie felt quite slow and then all of a sudden I was in tears for the rest of it.
3. Marley and Me - Marley's final scene.
4. Forrest Gump -
Forrest talking to Jenny's grave after she dies
5. The Last Song - When
Ronnie finds out her Dad's dying
6. Scrubs - My Screw Up - The final scene, still one of my favourite Scrubs episodes and always will be.
7. Frasier - Visions of Daphne - Donny proposing to Daphne, the look on Niles' face is heartbreaking.
8. Scrubs - My Finale - The ending where JD imagines what his future could be like.
9. Friends - The Last One - "I got off the plane!" and the final scene where all the friends say goodbye to Monica and Chandler's apartment.
10. Frasier - Goodnight Seattle - Frasier's family say goodbye to him and he makes his farewell speech.
!Amz!

Postby DHPfan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:48 am

!Amz! wrote:

That had me bawling, one thing I hate about dog movies, you can alwats tell what's going to happen to the dog in the end. Haven't watched it since we had our beloved cat Ozzy put down last year, too sad :(

I know! That's what I dislike about dog/animal-related movies too! :( After watching Marley and Me, I couldn't face Alpha or Omega, my schnauzers, because I felt ashamed that I was under appreciating them... :(
Niles: As some illustrious person once said, popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.
DHPfan

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion