Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Road Rage

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

Road Rage

Postby Nervosa » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:23 pm

Well an event an hour ago inspired this thread.

I was getting my Mum to drive me home today as I had a splitting headache.

A lady was in her car sitting on a yellow line at a juntion with the left indicator on. We arrived up behind her, and after waiting a minute we realised she was actually parked there! My Mum reved her engine (which she shouldn't have done). When we pulled up level with her...all hell broke loose. She called my Mum a stupid bi**h and in response (and with the mood I was in with my headache) and told her to "sod" off :wink:

Anyone have any amusing road rage stories? I get very stressed behind the wheel myself and over-use my horn! :lol:
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Sideshow Meg » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:02 pm

My Mum once got so frustrated at an idiot in front who overtook on a blind bend that at the next safe straight of road, she slammed her foot down and overtook him.

I don't get road rage but I do hate overtaking cyclists and they make me very angry.
Meg - A 'posh bit of crumpet'
Sideshow Meg

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:56 pm

Sideshow Meg wrote:I don't get road rage but I do hate overtaking cyclists and they make me very angry.

I tend to be the Zen master when driving, but occasionally I do succumb. Cyclists don't bother me too much (though they are annoying, and plentiful here in York), but it's horses (or more accurately, their riders) which really get my goat. They are invariably female, and bear more than a passing resemblance to the equine species themselves.

One must drive on completely the opposite side of the road whilst overtaking at 3 mph, or face their wrath.

Some even have the temerity to wear yellow luminous vests instructing tax-paying car owners to SLOW DOWN in their vicinity. I'd take more kindly to such requests were their modes of transport actually contributing something to our roads (apart from huge piles of horse shit, obviously) :x
Last edited by Mr Blue Sky on Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Re: Road Rage

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:14 am

nervosa wrote:She called my Mum a stupid bi**h and in response (and with the mood I was in with my headache) and told her to "sod" off :wink:

I don't blame you, nervosa. She insulted your mother.

Never insult a woman in front of her son!
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Nervosa » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:46 am

Bee Gees Fan wrote:I don't blame you, nervosa. She insulted your mother.

Never insult a woman in front of her son!

Of course she pretended she wasn't pleased with my choice of language, but she seemed secretly proud of me! :)

Of course, I'll be the one that meets that lady with her huge husband some night when I'm on my own...
There are 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary code, and those who don't.
Nervosa

Postby Bee Gees Fan » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:45 am

nervosa wrote:Of course, I'll be the one that meets that lady with her huge husband some night when I'm on my own...

Run. Run, run, run...
"How to possess truth, know beauty and discover harmony through love. How to...reconcile ones-self to time: which will kill us all in the end...how to get there in time for the happy ending." Justin Wand

http://www.berkanapath.com
Bee Gees Fan

Postby Stratman » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:53 am

I hit a kangaroo about a month ago; I was very pissed off. Interestingly, I hit and killed a sheep yesterday; thankfully I hit the sheep where I hit the kangaroo. Lucky I haven't gotten it fixed yet, eh.
Stratman

Postby Nervosa » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:36 am

Stratman wrote:I hit a kangaroo about a month ago; I was very pissed off. Interestingly, I hit and killed a sheep yesterday; thankfully I hit the sheep where I hit the kangaroo. Lucky I haven't gotten it fixed yet, eh.

That's a lot of road-kill there, Strat! :lol:

I hit a hedgehog at at least 80mph the other week. I felt bad just leaving it in the road, so I turned at the nearest available place.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I returned to the point of impact; the hedgehog was still shuffling across the road and up into the grass! :shock:

Not every animal survives at car hitting it at 80mph...
Nervosa

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:37 pm

Stratman wrote:I hit a kangaroo about a month ago; I was very pissed off. Interestingly, I hit and killed a sheep yesterday; thankfully I hit the sheep where I hit the kangaroo. Lucky I haven't gotten it fixed yet, eh.

I'm assuming this is an unintentional killing spree? :wink:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Stratman » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:33 am

Beer Necessity wrote:

I'm assuming this is an unintentional killing spree? :wink:

Actually, the kangaroo wasn't killed until after I recieved the bill.
Stratman

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:57 am

Stratman wrote:Actually, the kangaroo wasn't killed until after I recieved the bill.

:lol:

Thinking about it, this should have been a dead giveaway:-

Stratman wrote:I hit a kangaroo about a month ago

I hope you recited that Sam Jackson speech from Pulp Fiction before you carried out the hit... :wink:
Mr Blue Sky

Postby tenpercenter » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:33 am

today i almost killed someone by a matter of inches
some idiot in a fluro tracksuit decided to stroll across the highway and not even make an attempt to get out of the way of cars.
i dunno if they had a death wish or if they were on drugs
but i was going straight for them at about 80 kms an hour (60mph)

i decided to swerve and beep my horn but a far more evil side wanted to hit them!

i swear it was wierd, this person just looked straight at my car and at me and was just sort of waiting for me to hit them
i dunno, they must have been disturbed
but stuff like this happens to me all the time so im not bothered by it.
"blood is thicker than port. -
i stand corrected"
tenpercenter

Return to Off Topic Discussion