Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Favorite background scenes:

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Favorite background scenes:

Postby Patrick » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:19 pm

What are your favorites moments when something's happening in the background that's as funny or even funnier or is compounding what's happening in the foreground?

I have one: Niles trying to open the urn while Frasier and Martin are chatting in the car in Martin Does It His Way.

What are yours? Feel free to mention as many as you want. :)
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Re: Favorite background scenes:

Postby Frasiertime » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:22 pm

Look Before You Leap - Outside the radio booth when Roz is hitting the guy she met on the bus with the flowers he bought her.

The Matchmaker - When Daphne, Tom and Frasier are on the balcony and they see Niles and Martin laughing in the kitchen.

Daphne has the flu so Niles decides not to propose and he's distracting her by the fireplace while Frasier tries to get the choir, the chef and everyone else out of the apartment.
One of the best things about watching Frasier is the rewind button!
Frasiertime

Postby Eddie2012 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:33 pm

IQ

(one of my favourites along with the urn scene :D )Niles & Frasier fighting like little girls while Roz is walking past with the woman who is donating money towards their cause.

Ask Me No Questions

Frasier is contemplating Niles' question out loud (whether Niles and Maris are meant to be together) and evidentially thinks he is talking to someone - whereas Martin and Daphne wander off during his speeches, only to return just before he turns around to face them again.
Last edited by Eddie2012 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eddie2012

Postby PistolPoet » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:41 pm

The Two Mrs Cranes
Not exactly a background scene, but while Niles, Daphne, Roz and Clive are talking at the table, Frasier is on the couch, so he is sort of in the background - when Niles announces that Frasier is impotent, he just makes an annoyed/resigned gesture that cracks me up every time.
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Postby frasier floyd » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:35 am

I've mentioned this scene a few times now but haven't seen that anyone's ever mentioned it here: during Good Grief, when the old man from Frasier's fan club is awkwardly staring at Niles who's looking right back at him, Martin is standing behind them making the funniest face at the strange fan. This little scene cracked me up even before I noticed Martin in the background, so now it's perfect.
frasier floyd

Return to Frasier Discussion