Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Music!

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Re: Music!

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:51 pm

I guess next time I'll have my post proofread by a Mormon before hitting send.

I don't even know what this means. What does Mormonism have to do with being respectful when you respond to a post? Also if you do have a Mormon proof read it, please don't allow it to be Mitt Romney. I don't want him anywhere near anything I'm anywhere near.

Anywho...I'm bringing a nice blend to a dinner party I'm going to tomorrow night. Perhaps I'll mix up some Boones Farm Strawberry Hill and some Mad Dog 20/20.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:00 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
I guess next time I'll have my post proofread by a Mormon before hitting send.

I don't even know what this means. What does Mormonism have to do with being respectful when you respond to a post? Also if you do have a Mormon proof read it, please don't allow it to be Mitt Romney. I don't want him anywhere near anything I'm anywhere near.

Anywho...I'm bringing a nice blend to a dinner party I'm going to tomorrow night. Perhaps I'll mix up some Boones Farm Strawberry Hill and some Mad Dog 20/20.

I was referring to The Zoo Story and particularly to Ben's remark :
Yeah, I finally said, "You better just clean up your language, Pal. I walked out on that Mamet play, I can walk out on you."
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:04 pm

Ahh...ok. That's one of those episodes that I don't pay much attention to even though I find parts of it pretty funny. (the tiny sofa cracks me up)
CatNamedRudy

Postby Patrick » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:52 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Ahh...ok. That's one of those episodes that I don't pay much attention to even though I find parts of it pretty funny. (the tiny sofa cracks me up)

It's funny that every one blames the agent for the initial fiasco while Martin is the idiot who opened the cage that freed the crane that killed the cat that ate the rat that lived in the house that Frasier built. :D
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Emil » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:37 pm

this thread became a bit of an unfortunate blockbuster - now I return to it after a month...
Patrick wrote:Take a leap: Frasier tries to sing a difficult song from Rigoletto and then changes his mind and tries Buttons and Bows instead but he doesn't realize that he's forgotten the lyrics.

Midwinter Night's dream: Niles plays a classical piece on the piano and bungles it up when he sees Daphne in her nightie.

Sweat Dreams: During the end credits they sing "Tossed Salads & Scrambled Eggs" in Spanish.

Good Grief: Frasier sings his operetta in duet with Martin.

I am sure there are others.

Thanks; I was really aiming for those genuinely clever moments where the music is making the punchline itself - I insist that those are rather rare, but those that you mention in this post seem to fit the definition nicely!
Emil

Postby hansenkd » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:18 am

The piece Niles was playing in AMWD was Beethoven's "Appassionata" Sonata in F minor, Op. 57. The way he broke from perfect playing and merged into the note clusters was quite brilliant.

Edited to remove an unnecessary and possibly incendiary Romney comment.
hansenkd

Postby Patrick » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:41 am

That's too bad, I love incendiary Romney comments. :lol:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby hansenkd » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:04 pm

Oh, I basically just said that the election was over and it wasn't as if the guy never did anything remotely redeeming in his life. He was obviously a pretty good father and the SLC Olympics were a good show.
hansenkd

Postby Patrick » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:05 pm

hansenkd wrote:Oh, I basically just said that the election was over and it wasn't as if the guy never did anything remotely redeeming in his life. He was obviously a pretty good father and the SLC Olympics were a good show.

One thing I'll say about Romney is that that man was born stinking rich and even if he had screwed up absolutely everything in his life and then some, he would still be stinking rich. How can a man like that understand the struggle and the anguish that a normal guy has to go through in order to make a life for himself? How can he understand the fear of being fired, of not finding a job, of not being able to pay for your college tuition? Screw him! to me that man is stranger than a three headed alien from alpha centauri! And definitely not the kind of person I would choose to be the president of mostly normal people who like me have to struggle to live!
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:13 pm

Romney and his wife proved many times over just how out of touch they were with the middle class. When Ann Romney claimed she knew what is was like to "struggle" to raise children that was about all I could take. She was filthy rich and could afford to stay at home with her kids and on top of it, she had nannies and a household staff. She has absolutely no idea what it's like to try and raise a child in the real world! Particularly if you are a single parent.
CatNamedRudy

Postby diligohominum80 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:08 pm

One of my favorites is in "Father of the Bride" when the harpist is auditioning for the wedding and keeps chiming in.
diligohominum80

Postby Patrick » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:13 pm

Everyone's A Critic : Poppy and Frasier are on the couch and have just heard the last notes of the Ninth Symphony.

Frasier: Divine Beethoven. Extraordinary, isn't it?
Poppy: Oh, yeah. And do you know what makes it even more amazing?
Frasier: What?
Poppy: HE WAS DEAF!

:lol:
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Forever Jung » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:28 am

diligohominum80 wrote:One of my favorites is in "Father of the Bride" when the harpist is auditioning for the wedding and keeps chiming in.

:twisted: I feel sorry for harp players.
They must always be inducing a sense of nostalgia in themselves :lol:

(credit to Bill Bailey for that one :wink: )
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Previous

Return to Frasier Discussion