Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

How big is Frasier Crane's Apartment?

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

How big is Frasier Crane's Apartment?

Postby ck_psy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 am

So how big is Frasier Cranes' Apartment,
and how much would that set you back where you are? (with the view, or without the view)

here's the layout:

I could probably figure it out myself with that, but it's been so long since i've done any maths, and i'd probably be wrong!
Set your phasers on stunning!
ck_psy

Re: How big is Frasier Crane's Apartment?

Postby tubalcain » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:43 pm

It would be a little presumptious to add any area to the diagram,as although it is a nice piece of work,it does not give any schematic diagrams other than the 1/100 scale shown.It is a little reminiscent of some of the work off of the Washington Art Deco Society site,and reflects the sumptious topography and applied decor one would expect Frasier to be at home with.
As for value,again,it would depend on location(Town,Wharf,New Build,etc)and the surrounding projects to give any specific value.
I do know of one Art Deco property with panoramic views that has lost over a third of it's £1,345,000 price tag due to a new build within 500 metres,that did not reflect it's sister properties appeal and charm!
It is on a private estate a quarter of a mile from my home.
Last edited by tubalcain on Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tubalcain

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:58 pm

Actually we know how big Frasier's apartment is. In You Can't Tell A Crook By It's Cover, Jimmy says something about it being about 2000 square feet and Frasier says that's about right.

The best building in Milwaukee lists 1300 square feet with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths STARTING at $304,000. That would be a lower floor with less of a view.

Frasier's place has one more bedroom and one more bathroom and is at least 700 square feet bigger and has an amazing view.

So, a 2000 square foot condo on the 19th floor of a luxary complex with a view to kill for would run about a million in Milwaukee I think.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:10 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:Actually we know how big Frasier's apartment is. In You Can't Tell A Crook By It's Cover, Jimmy says something about it being about 2000 square feet and Frasier says that's about right.

The best building in Milwaukee lists 1300 square feet with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths STARTING at $304,000. That would be a lower floor with less of a view.

Frasier's place has one more bedroom and one more bathroom and is at least 700 square feet bigger and has an amazing view.

So, a 2000 square foot condo on the 19th floor of a luxary complex with a view to kill for would run about a million in Milwaukee I think.

In other words, totally unrealistic on Frasier's salary! :lol:

We've had this discussion before haven't we. Personally I don't mind a few financial leaps of faith on TV shows. Dexter's another prime example. A Miami Bay Side apartment and a top notch boat on a Lab Tech's salary? I don't think so! :D
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:26 pm

I actually don't think it's unrealistic for Frasier to be able to afford his place. Prior to moving to Seattle, he had a thriving practice in Boston. I'm sure he made boatloads of money. Lilith probably made more money than he did so he most likely would have come out of the divorce ok. A million dollar condo on a pshychiatrist's income is completely feasible. Even if he wasn't still making that kind of money at his radio gig, he did do other stuff. Voice work and commercials. Public appearances and whatnot.

Dexter on the other hand........he definitely couldn't afford his apartment. His boat isn't all that top notch though. That he could probably afford. (but he'd have to live there!) :lol:
CatNamedRudy

Postby ck_psy » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:22 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:I actually don't think it's unrealistic for Frasier to be able to afford his place. Prior to moving to Seattle, he had a thriving practice in Boston. I'm sure he made boatloads of money. Lilith probably made more money than he did so he most likely would have come out of the divorce ok. A million dollar condo on a pshychiatrist's income is completely feasible. Even if he wasn't still making that kind of money at his radio gig, he did do other stuff. Voice work and commercials. Public appearances and whatnot.

Dexter on the other hand........he definitely couldn't afford his apartment. His boat isn't all that top notch though. That he could probably afford. (but he'd have to live there!) :lol:

yes..
i remember '5 figure deal' with one of those on-air promotions.
ck_psy

Postby ck_psy » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:29 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:Actually we know how big Frasier's apartment is. In You Can't Tell A Crook By It's Cover, Jimmy says something about it being about 2000 square feet and Frasier says that's about right.

the sizing seems about right..
that's 1334 square feet.
and costs $1.15 million AUD.. about US $900 000
ck_psy

Postby CraneParty1901 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:44 pm

Alright guys, I am new. But I found this Condo for sale, on the Counterbalance just as Frasier describes it. It has a great view and costs $670,000 so maybe 350,000 pounds. Not bad and CERTAINLY within the price range of a decent psychiatrist with a radio show.

http://www.coldwellbanker.com/servlet/PropertyListing?action=detail&ComColdwellbankerDataProperty_id=73029537&page=property&brand=CB
"Cry Havoc! and Let loose the Dogs of War!"
CraneParty1901

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:55 pm

CraneParty1901 wrote:Alright guys, I am new. But I found this Condo for sale, on the Counterbalance just as Frasier describes it. It has a great view and costs $670,000 so maybe 350,000 pounds. Not bad and CERTAINLY within the price range of a decent psychiatrist with a radio show.

http://www.coldwellbanker.com/servlet/PropertyListing?action=detail&ComColdwellbankerDataProperty_id=73029537&page=property&brand=CB

This place is again significantly smaller than what we are led to believe Frasier's condo is. It's 1300 square feet and has only 2 bedrooms and a 1.5 bathrooms.

It's cool though.
CatNamedRudy

Return to Frasier Discussion