Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The King of Camelot!

Discussion of non-'Frasier' related topics

The King of Camelot!

Postby Mappeal » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:09 pm

Another question for you Jocelyn as you seem to be incredibly well informed in regard to old TV shows. I am certain within my own mind that there was a cartoon series way back in the late sixties or early seventies about Arthur The King of Camelot but my friends say I am imagining it! I seem to remember that Arthur was constantly being undermined by the dastardly plots of the Black Knight which would invariably fail and that the Black Kight spoke with a lisp! If I am right about this show and you know of its existence I would be grateful if you have any info! Cheers!
Mappeal

Re: The King of Camelot!

Postby Jocelyn » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:04 pm

So obsure that even I haven't heard of it[:]:-))[/:] However, Amazon have a DVD of something called 'Arthur And The Square Knights Of The Round Table' which seems to fit your description:

<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/630489872X/103-3919881-9943863?v=glance>

Post Edited (04-13-05 17:53)
"Then came Lilith. If I knew then what I know now, I would have walked down the aisle with the ice sculpture and had her stand by the buffet table to keep the shrimp cold."

- Frasier recalls wedded bliss in Father Of The Bride
Jocelyn

Postby Mappeal » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:15 pm

I think you may have found my Holy Grail Jocelyn!! Many Thanks!!!!
Mappeal

Postby Jem » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:02 pm

I remember this show *so* well from childhood. I think it may have been an Australian show - are you from Australia, Mappeal? Anyhoos the voices in the version I saw on ABC TV were voiced by Australian actors. I remember the whistling lisp of the knight, particularly well. I thought it was Lancelot who came over all sybilant - "Yessss, ssssire"

Cool blast from the past

Jem
Jem

Postby Jocelyn » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:08 pm

Yes, it was made by an Australian company.

btw Jem, make sure you check out the 'Best and Worst of Season 10' thread in the Frasier discussion forum[:]:-)[/:]
"Then came Lilith. If I knew then what I know now, I would have walked down the aisle with the ice sculpture and had her stand by the buffet table to keep the shrimp cold."

- Frasier recalls wedded bliss in Father Of The Bride
Jocelyn

Postby Mappeal » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:28 pm

Didn't realise it was an Aussie show Jem but you are right about the lisping Lancelot- my mistake!! I loved this as a young un and I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers it! I'm from the UK Jem
Mappeal

Postby Kris » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:00 pm

I can vaguely remember a cartoon called Sir Prancelot. The style was similar to Captain Pugwash. Does anybody else remember it?
Kris

Postby lucy » Fri May 27, 2005 10:19 pm

No, you did not imagine it. This was my favourite cartoon show. But Where were you when you saw it? I was in Australia.
lucy

Postby Phil Branch » Sat May 28, 2005 9:43 am

Yes, I remember it too, I loved it as a kid.

Does anyone remember a cartoon called 'The Shadoks' ? It went out at about 6 ish in the evening in the UK. They were only about 5 minutes long, very crudely drawn and I think the chap who narrated them was called Kenneth Robinson. It was strangely fascinated, and a bit spooked by it, but haven't seen or heard of it since the early 70s.

While on the subject of 70s cartoons, does anyone remember 'Wait till your father gets home'. From what a remember it seemed a bit of a forerunner to The Simpsons/ King of the hill. I wish the powers could be could show an episode now to see how it compares.
Phil Branch

Postby Mappeal » Sat May 28, 2005 2:09 pm

Wait Til Your Father....... was one of my faves way back in the distant past too Phil! It was different to all the other cartoons shown then in that it played like a sitcom and was more rooted in reality than the more surreal stuff that other shows used to do. Saw a clip of it recently on one of those Top 100 shows so beloved of Channel 4 and it looked very basic in its animation but it was hard to tell how its content compared to todays faster paced writing !
Mappeal

Return to Off Topic Discussion