Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Continuity

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Re: Continuity

Postby Hook » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:36 pm

does anyone know why Bulldog wasn't in the finale?

and has there been any word yet as to the possibility of a new show with Frasier?
Hook

Postby Bad Ambassador » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:46 pm

I've got a copy of that C4 documentary Jocelyn - I treasure it, mainly as a great account of the history of the show, but also as a reminder of how well C4 used to treat it!
"You're rather good. All that banter, yet not a word wasted."
Bad Ambassador

Postby Jocelyn » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:49 pm

Yep, those were the days...!
"Then came Lilith. If I knew then what I know now, I would have walked down the aisle with the ice sculpture and had her stand by the buffet table to keep the shrimp cold."

- Frasier recalls wedded bliss in Father Of The Bride
Jocelyn

Postby karyn » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:15 pm

I didn't see Joe Keenan make any reference as to Bulldog...I was curious about that as well. As for a new show with Frasier, I would suspect there will be a smattering of rumors here and there, but there doesn't appear to be anything of substance to them as yet...I suspect that KG does want to set the record of playing a TV character for the longest period of time and somehow Frasier will be resurrected in the future. His possible "reappearance" will certainly light up all the message boards, won't it?
karyn

Postby Sam » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:20 pm

Hi Jocelyn, nope I didn't see the Frasier night special unfortunately. What was it about anyway? Just a history of the show?
Sam

Postby Jocelyn » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:26 pm

Sam, I didn't tape it from the original transmission but last year I found someone on eBay who was selling copies of it and bought one. It's a really good evening comprising two documentaries, two episodes (Our Father Whose Art Ain't Heaven and Moondance) and an episode of Cheers. The main cast (including Dan Butler) were interviewed as well as Angell, Casey & Lee, Keenan and Lloyd plus various Cheers cast members.
"Then came Lilith. If I knew then what I know now, I would have walked down the aisle with the ice sculpture and had her stand by the buffet table to keep the shrimp cold."

- Frasier recalls wedded bliss in Father Of The Bride
Jocelyn

Postby Ali 75 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:37 pm

There was also a Frasier night on Paramount, not as well done as C4 surprisingly. They interviewed the cast and they showed their favourite episodes. I don't know if it's available online anywhere, but it's worth having.
Ali 75

Postby ToffeeGirl » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:02 pm

Yea I was fortunate enough to tape both of these nights,
The Channel four documentary and interviews were excellent, provided a real insight into the show and you could certainly see that they all had a wonderful time making it.

god to think Frasier was once so adored by C4 they dedicate a whole night to it.

The paramount weekend had some 12 shows IIRC back to back with the cast introducing each of their favourite ones and talking about why they liked it.

It’s a shame C4 never showed us the blooper show that NBC aired before the 200th, if you ever get change to see it , its brilliant, absolutely hysterical.
"None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free"
ToffeeGirl

Postby Bad Ambassador » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:09 pm

Yes indeed - for C4, Frasier could once do no wrong. It was really the crown in their schedules I think - a high-brow comedy with very good ratings. Then that new man took over at C4 and decided he didn't like the show, so it started getting treated like the little kid nobody likes, pushed over into the corner of the classroom. Sigh.

Still, it's not just Frasier that's been shafted by C4. The Sopranos, The West Wing, Six Feet Under, NYPD Blue... basically, if it's quality, C4 wants shot of it.

Post Edited (03-06-04 21:12)
Bad Ambassador

Postby Ali 75 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:20 pm

That's right it was a weekend on Paramount not a night wasn't it. B.A , I'm not sure if Six Feet Under and The Sopranos have been dumped by C4. Someone on the talk4 forums mentioned that they had been, but then posted again to say that he wasn't sure. Possibly he's read about the Sky 1 deal and put 2+2 together. It wouldn't surprise me if they have given them up though.
Ali 75

Postby Bad Ambassador » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:50 pm

Even if they haven't given them up, they won't get shown before 11.05pm/11.35pm. Which also annoys me - if you dislike shows so much, why not just give them up anyway? It's almost perverse to keep shows just so you can show them at 2.30 in the morning and annoy a lot of people.

And, to be honest, if I was HBO I wouldn't sell C4 the rights to my programmes ever again!
Bad Ambassador

Postby Quang Tran » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:11 am

Great to hear that writers actually visit these appreciation pages. I one-hundred percent believe that it is really him. I read some of his interviews, and these posts sounds similar to them. Joe wrote some of my favourite episodes, like 'The Ski Lodge'. He and Chris did terrific work of the series finale.
Quang Tran

Postby Stratman » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:58 pm

Although I am a year late, thanks for taking the time to post. [:]DRINK[/:]
Stratman

Postby FrasierNut84 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:04 pm

Same Here i only joined a few months ago[:]NUT[/:]
Checkmate Schwarzkopf!- Chess Pains

Goodbye Frasier, Goodbye emergency Frasier
FrasierNut84

Postby Stratman » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:19 pm

One can only imagine the anxiety Kelly Dean Hansen felt posting that message to Joe Keenan, which is a tough ask considering the content. I imagine he second-guessed his own intelligence countless times. Plus there is the added pressure of making grammatical errors and typos. I cherish his moxy! (That's a quote from Joe's new show).
Stratman

Postby Hector » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:35 pm

Thanks for taking the time to post Joe Keenan. You're Amazing!!

note. It sounds weird adding his second name in there - but I've too much respect for him not to.

Post Edited (17-11-05 08:30)
Hector

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:10 pm

Yes, I've often referred back to this thread started by the great man, there's some genuine insight into the decision making process on the show.

Incidentally Strat, Joe Keenan has appeared on another couple of threads (in private letters to Meg, which she was kind enough to post). I'll dig them up later if I get chance so you can have a read. One in particular was fantastic, he gave some wonderful advice for any young writer to follow.

Contrast that to Dan O'Shannon's post which also may interest you. I can easily locate that as I started the thread, I'll bump it to the top of the board forthwith! [:]:-))[/:]
"You don't turn the other cheek, you slice it."
Mr Blue Sky

Postby Stratman » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:51 pm

Thanks for digging up those threads. [:]DRINK[/:]

Post Edited (18-11-05 16:02)
Stratman

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:59 pm

My pleasure. I always enjoy reading them. [:]:-)[/:]
Mr Blue Sky

Postby david sim » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:19 pm

Yeah it was nice of Joe Keenan to take so many minutes out of his day and wax nostalgic with the people who admire him most. And if there are still any lingering doubts over those two letters, how could it be anyone else? They're just as sharp as anything he wrote for Frasier. Joe Keenan may be incapable of writing less then stellar material.
I also thought it nice of him to admit that Mrs Moon was never intended as a regular. She was just too shrill and irritating to work in the long-term. If he and Christopher Lloyd had stuck around, Hell would have frozen over before Mrs Moon reared her head again.
Thankyou Joe Keenan. You really are one of sitcom's finest writers.
I'm a big Frasier fan who wants to talk to all you other Frasier fans out there.
About why its the best sitcom ever.
david sim

Postby barnaclelapse » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:00 pm

Clearly, I missed the awesome.
barnaclelapse

Postby Mr Blue Sky » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:17 pm

david sim wrote:Yeah it was nice of Joe Keenan to take so many minutes out of his day and wax nostalgic with the people who admire him most. And if there are still any lingering doubts over those two letters, how could it be anyone else? They're just as sharp as anything he wrote for Frasier. Joe Keenan may be incapable of writing less then stellar material.
I also thought it nice of him to admit that Mrs Moon was never intended as a regular. She was just too shrill and irritating to work in the long-term. If he and Christopher Lloyd had stuck around, Hell would have frozen over before Mrs Moon reared her head again.
Thankyou Joe Keenan. You really are one of sitcom's finest writers.

I ran an IP locator at the time and it suggested the post came from the Los Angeles area. Not conclusive proof I know but it adds to the weight of evidence when you read the letters.

I remember one silly girl coming on here trying to debunk JK's and Dan O'Shannon's posts - she ended up in a right old pickle! :lol:
Mr Blue Sky

Previous

Return to Frasier Discussion