Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

What irritates you about 'Frasier'?

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Re: What irritates you about 'Frasier'?

Postby Lil » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:40 am

-holds Cat down-
Lil

Postby Daphne K » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:26 am

nalyd renrut wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:Just out of curiosity, why does it irritate people that Frasier dates attractive women? It's not like the man is a troll or weighs 400lbs. He's a good looking, charming locally famous guy. Granted, he's a bit arrogant, pompous and full of himself but until a woman dates him a few times she's not going to know that! :D

:lol: I never figure out how women find him attractive. He's sort of fat, balding, and has fat face cheeks! (Just ask Niles.) Niles is also sort of ugly... He's balding, scrawny, pale, and his eyes are sort of inside his skull more than a regular human. :lol: Poor guys... However, if I was a girl I'd probably find Niles more attractive. (Again, Frasier is fat.)

They are both attractive in their own way, I think. Not that they are very handsome or something, but they are charming, intelligent and have a good sence of humour. They are also sweet and cute... I think those are qualities women are often attracted to. As a man you couldn't possibly understand, I think. :wink: And Niles looked a lot better in the earlier seasons.
You can fool them, but you can't fool me!
Daphne K

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:33 pm

To each his own I guess. I've had a thing for Kelsey Grammer since he was on Cheers. Yeah, his weight tends to go up and down but I never saw him as "fat." I don't have unrealistic Hollywood views of what is fat. Kevin James is FAT! Kelsey is not fat. A bit overweight? Yes he is. But he's not fat by any means.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Daphne K » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:53 pm

I don't think Frasier is fat... it suites him, it makes him look like a huge teddy bear. :D
Daphne K

Postby Karin » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:06 pm

I would never call Frasier / Kelsey fat. Maybe he was a little chubbier in the early seasons, but later on he always looked like he was in excellent shape. I personally don't like skinny guys like Niles.

I agree with Cat, Kevin James is someone I would call fat. Or this guy: :D

One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years. - Thomas Wolfe
Karin

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:19 pm

Karin wrote:I would never call Frasier / Kelsey fat. Maybe he was a little chubbier in the early seasons, but later on he always looked like he was in excellent shape. I personally don't like skinny guys like Niles.

:lol: Yes, Kenny is fat!

And David Hyde Pierce is too slight for my tastes.
CatNamedRudy

Postby nalyd renrut » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:04 pm

Okay, I apologize, I didn't really think that comment through. For my mom, she is afraid of Frasier's chest hair, and leaves the room in all his shirtless scenes. (Seriously.) :lol:
"You dropped two commercials, spilled yogurt on the control board, and you kept referring to Jerry, with the identity crisis, as Jeff."
nalyd renrut

Postby CatNamedRudy » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:05 pm

nalyd renrut wrote:Okay, I apologize, I didn't really think that comment through. For my mom, she is afraid of Frasier's chest hair, and leaves the room in all his shirtless scenes. (Seriously.) :lol:

:lol: :lol:

It's quite well known around here I feel about Kelsey's Chest Hair! :D
CatNamedRudy

Postby nalyd renrut » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:50 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
nalyd renrut wrote:Okay, I apologize, I didn't really think that comment through. For my mom, she is afraid of Frasier's chest hair, and leaves the room in all his shirtless scenes. (Seriously.) :lol:

:lol: :lol:

It's quite well known around here I feel about Kelsey's Chest Hair! :D

I'm not around here much, so I don't know how you feel about it. xD
"You dropped two commercials, spilled yogurt on the control board, and you kept referring to Jerry, with the identity crisis, as Jeff."
nalyd renrut

Postby AlexT » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:01 pm

Karin wrote:I would never call Frasier / Kelsey fat. Maybe he was a little chubbier in the early seasons, but later on he always looked like he was in excellent shape. I personally don't like skinny guys like Niles.

Well, it's clear who had the finest breast(e)s(es) on Frasier... go Kenny.

Just the opinion of one straight guy (albeit one with a worrying predilection for Gil Chesterton...) I think, in their own way Frasier and Niles are both handsome. The only thing I ever thought was strange was Frasier's friends always making wisecracks about this love life when he seemed to do quite well to me! I never thought it was strange that beautiful/successful women would be attracted to Frasier....

Niles, on the other hand - what a wimp. What did Daphne ever see in him?

Kidding!
AlexT

Postby Daphne K » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:11 pm

Niles is cuuuuuuuuuuuute! :lol:
Daphne K

Postby Daphne K » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:11 pm

Niles is cuuuuuuuuuuuute! :lol:
Daphne K

Postby AlexT » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:17 pm

Daphne K wrote:Niles is cuuuuuuuuuuuute! :lol:

Big fan of The Coyote, huh? Who can blame you? He is a handsome chap.

I'll stick to Gil Chesterton though. I'd imagine there's a fair few girls on this website who are jealous of his beloved Deb? Eh? Eh....?

Oh.
AlexT

Postby Daphne K » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:25 pm

Yeah, to be honest I've got a bit of a crush on him. :lol:

No, just kidding... he's one of the ugliest men I've ever seen!

Daphne K

Postby AlexT » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:36 pm

Daphne K wrote:Yeah, to be honest I've got a bit of a crush on him. :lol:

No, just kidding... he's one of the ugliest men I've ever seen!

Haha. Dashing. I wonder if that's his infamous "Do you call this a hollandaise sauce?" glare....?

Or perhaps it's more like this...

Is that, uh, Chesty in dungarees...? I'll expect you'll need a glass of water after that, Daphne K, just to quell your beating heart...
AlexT

Postby Daphne K » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:57 pm

:D It's more like I need a huge glass of whisky... just to forget the image!
Haha now I must think of the Impossible Dream scenes! Oh boy, I hope I can sleep tonight. :roll:
Daphne K

Postby AlexT » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:47 pm

Haha. "Gil Chesterton turned me to drink..."

That's one of my favourite Gil episodes. Him eating the cream bun in the window outside Frasier's studio? Delicious.

...and the cream bun doesn't look bad either.
AlexT

Postby nalyd renrut » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:29 am

I also hate when Frasier wears casual clothes.... In my opinion (and an entire diner's opinion) he looks like a hobo.
nalyd renrut

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:13 pm

nalyd renrut wrote:I also hate when Frasier wears casual clothes.... In my opinion (and an entire diner's opinion) he looks like a hobo.

:shock:

Frasier in jeans and a ripped up sweatshirt is the sexiest thing EVER! :D
CatNamedRudy

Postby ruth » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:32 pm

I don't particularly find Frasier attractive to me, but I can certainly see why someone else would. I don't like skinny men, and Frasier is also an intelligent and witty man. I adore Niles, but not in that way. I just think he's lovely.
"My Tae Kwon Do instructor says I'm two moves away from becoming quite threatening."
ruth

Postby jrsightes » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:11 pm

I just completed my second time through watching all of the DVD's in order, and I've noticed an irritating trend:

Daphne's character completely changes over the course of the series, and not for the funnier. I love Daphne, but her funniest episode was "The Good Son," and she went steadily downhill from there. The writers softened her whimsical, eccentric edge (as well as her amusing accent) over time, to such an extent that the Daphne of "Goodnight, Seattle" is barely recognizable as the Daphne of "The Good Son."

Another thing that irritated me was that they never let us see or hear Maris, at all! I understand the humor in having a frequently-referenced, yet unseen character, but I think they should have treated her the way the Cheers writers treated Vera (whom we saw with her face obscured by a pie, and whose voice we heard several times).

Finally, it irritated me that Rebecca never made an appearance on Frasier. I feel about her absence the way Frasier felt about the show tape missing from his personal archive. Every other Cheers regular appeared on Frasier, which makes Rebecca's absence all the more noticeable. I would have expected to see her one more time, especially given the almost-consummated attraction between her and Frasier near the end of Cheers' run.

Oh well.
jrsightes

Postby woggle » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:58 pm

jrsightes wrote:I just completed my second time through watching all of the DVD's in order, and I've noticed an irritating trend:

Daphne's character completely changes over the course of the series, and not for the funnier. I love Daphne, but her funniest episode was "The Good Son," and she went steadily downhill from there. The writers softened her whimsical, eccentric edge (as well as her amusing accent) over time, to such an extent that the Daphne of "Goodnight, Seattle" is barely recognizable as the Daphne of "The Good Son."

Another thing that irritated me was that they never let us see or hear Maris, at all! I understand the humor in having a frequently-referenced, yet unseen character, but I think they should have treated her the way the Cheers writers treated Vera (whom we saw with her face obscured by a pie, and whose voice we heard several times).

Finally, it irritated me that Rebecca never made an appearance on Frasier. I feel about her absence the way Frasier felt about the show tape missing from his personal archive. Every other Cheers regular appeared on Frasier, which makes Rebecca's absence all the more noticeable. I would have expected to see her one more time, especially given the almost-consummated attraction between her and Frasier near the end of Cheers' run.

Oh well.

I looooved that part about it . Gets me to make up my own mind about her looks and otherwise .

My only gripe is some of the big words they use i dont always know what they mean , no real fault of theres thou .
woggle

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:04 pm

I loved the way they handled Maris. There's no way they could have shown anyone who actually LOOKED the way Maris was described.

I don't recall ever hearing Vera's voice.

I don't think Daphne's best episode was The Good Son but I do agree that she changed and not for the better as time went on.

And the reason Rebecca was never on Frasier was because Kirstie Alley is a Scientologist and refused to do a show based on a psychiatrist. I guess it was ok when he was on Cheers because he wasn't the main character but on Frasier, it was somehow an affront to her made up religion!
CatNamedRudy

Postby jrsightes » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:01 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:I don't recall ever hearing Vera's voice.

Vera is heard in S5 E9, "Thanksgiving Orphans," to name just one of several occasions. In this episode (which is the same episode where we see her with a pie on her face), Vera says something to Norm to the effect of "get your coat---we're leaving."
jrsightes

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:09 pm

jrsightes wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:I don't recall ever hearing Vera's voice.

Vera is heard in S5 E9, "Thanksgiving Orphans," to name just one of several occasions. In this episode (which is the same episode where we see her with a pie on her face), Vera says something to Norm to the effect of "get your coat---we're leaving."

I knew about the pie thing. Thanksgiving Orphans is one of my favorite episodes but I still can't recall hearing her voice. Now I have to go watch it when I get home! (yayy, an excuse to watch Cheers!)

I guess I just never paid much attention to whether or not we've heard her voice.

Maris wasn't originally intended to be a never seen character. She just sort of evolved into one after time.
CatNamedRudy

PreviousNext

Return to Frasier Discussion