Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

20th Reunion Anniversary Episode possibilities increasing?

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

20th Reunion Anniversary Episode possibilities increasing?

Postby Yukimi » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:32 am

Kelsey Grammer and David Hyde Pierce have just talked in twitter about the making a 20th Reunion Anniversary Episode. They've talked about writing it and about calling the rest of the cast to see if they would want on. I almost had a heart attack when David first wrote about it so I wanted to look for a forum a Frasier fans to share the (I hope) good news ^__^

More or less it went down like this:

David Hyde Pierce ‏ @DHydePierce
#TheWorldWillBeWatching the 20th anniversary reunion episode of Frasier!

@DHydePierce Talking with the cast, producers and the network at the moment. Too soon to be saying anything yet. But it sound good, right?!

What do you think of a 20th anniversary reunion episode of Frasier, @KelseyAGrammer?

Kelsey Grammer ‏ @KelseyAGrammer
@DHydePierce David, I think that would be an incredible idea! Twitter maybe isn't the best place for this but the fans need to hear this!!!!

@DHydePierce Perhaps we should write it? Then we can get it into production? But after all this time, maybe the cast won't all come back.

@KelseyAGrammer Well, where else to announce the possibilities?

@KelseyAGrammer Obsoletely, it’s a 50/50 possibility.

@DHydePierce Well then let's get calling people!!

@KelseyAGrammer Well, you could direct and I could write... that's definitely an idea to bring up.

@DHydePierce Actually, shall we go and get coffee? And we'll discuss this more in detail. We can tell everyone on twitter the news soon.....

@KelseyAGrammer Call away, my friend. Call away.

@KelseyAGrammer Sounds great! Give me a text when you're ready.

@DHydePierce Yes but David if you write it then Niles would be speaking French for the entire episode! You just want to show off.

@DHydePierce No need, I am ready! I'll have Epsilon cook up a pair of bagels to take with us in the limo. Nothing like coffee in style!!

@KelseyAGrammer You know me too well, Kelsey. We'll get a few writers in to give us the great episode... maybe something pastiche?

@KelseyAGrammer Like I said, you know me too well!

@DHydePierce I agree that would be nice. But we need to please the fans. Maybe if we started a poll? And the fans could decide storylines?!?

@Yukimi87 @KelseyAGrammer Que gran agradecimiento a todos los aficionados Españoles a Frasier

Attention to all, @DHydePierce and I are attempting to write a Frasier reunion episode! It may come to nothing but at least we have written.

@KelseyAGrammer you are a genius. That sounds great!

... it. So if you wish for any of your ideas for the episode to come to life, simply tell us here on twitter!

@KelseyAGrammer The legacy of Frasier must, at least in vain, be attempted!

@KelseyAGrammer The ideas are exploding!

So, now go to their twitters or facebook accounts and give them feedback and love =)
Yukimi

Re: 20th Reunion Anniversary Episode possibilities increasin

Postby mickeba » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:17 pm

That just reads like a hoax, or a major tease. As I understand it, NBC, cos they broadcast the show, own all rights to reunions, reboots or new episodes. So CBS who owns the show would have to forfeit the broadcast rights, or share profits with NBC and if they thought there was any apetite for this, I can't believe they'd cooperate with NBC. But maybe the contract has some room in it for this. I'd like to see it, if it were done properly and of quality.
"It's always darkest, just before it goes totally black!"
mickeba

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:14 pm

Sounds like a conversation between Frasier and Niles and not between Kelsey and David. I'm with Mickeba. It smells of a hoax.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby Forever Jung » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:15 pm

:twisted: Sorry to say it, but I think it's a hoax too.
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby Yukimi » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:49 pm

It doesn't seem like a hoax to me but I also don't think it's very probable it happens.
Yukimi

Postby mickeba » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:05 pm

It just reads too scripted. Mentioning "the fans need to know about this". It hit's all the bullet points that a made up "Twitter Hoax" would hit.
mickeba

Postby Omega » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:49 pm

Obsoletely, it's a 50/50 possibility?

:D
Omega

Postby mickeba » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:03 am

I don't think it's a 10 percent possibility.
mickeba

Postby Omega » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:43 am

No, I was quoting a typo the OP made. :D
Omega

Postby Moon-Crane » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:16 pm

:lol: For so many reasons, those accounts are so obviously not KG and DHP. Good luck to you if you think they are, though.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby mickeba » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:56 pm

Too scripted.
mickeba

Postby tenpercenter » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:00 am

let it be
"blood is thicker than port. -
i stand corrected"
tenpercenter

Postby Edwards » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:57 pm

This is totally NOT a hoax and if you followed David and Kelsey's ongoing twits you would realize that. And why wouldn't they have a reunion show? And why wouldn't Kelsey and David do the writing? They are very intelligent people, steeped in the arts and very capable of creating their own material. If you were a true fan than you would be aware of all the work they have done besides Frasier and therefore know how truly competent they are. I want all of you to hang your heads in shame when this show airs.
Edwards

Postby Moon-Crane » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:57 pm

Ah yes, don't i feel silly. I'd forgotten about all those acclaimed writing credits the pair have to their names! I know them as decent actors, and KG as a successful producer. I know nothing of anything they've ever been credited as writers for?

I'm sure full time professional comedy writers would be thrilled, though, that you think so highly of their skills to think anyone can roll up and knock out a usable script. ;)

I jest, of course, but aside from every single interview they've given dismissing the possibility of a reunion show ever happening, we're supposed to believe these two Twitter accounts are in fact KG and DHP based upon what evidence? Kelsey already had an official twitter account to use, so why would he have been playing around with multiple other accounts under variations of his name when these posts first came to light? If nothing else, i find it a little strange that KG wouldn't mention on his 'own' account the tattoo he got for the love of his life, or post the staged publicity photo that did the rounds on any media reports about it.

Until i hear either being interviewed on a tv/radio show talking directly about it i simply can't take it seriously. I'm open to any evidence for it that you currently hold. Please post it.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby mickeba » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:37 pm

Edwards, just cos we doubt the accuracy of this does NOT make us less than real fans. As for a reunion, no one is saying that David and Kelsey are not talented, but for business reasons it's not likely. CBS owns the show, but NBC owns contracturally all network reruns, reboots and reunion shows, so CBS would have to either let NBC have the reunion and all of the ratings it might draw, or pay them off, and that could be considerable. David and Kelsey are talented but neither wrote any of the episodes, K.G. did direct several. I just think this is one of those things that would be good (?) to see, depending on the format of it, but to think this is likely is the most wishful of thinking.
mickeba

Postby Forever Jung » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:56 pm

Edwards wrote: If you were a true fan than you would be aware of all the work they have done besides Frasier and therefore know how truly competent they are.

:twisted: A. Just because I (or others) am/are a fan of the show doesn't mean I/we know everything Kelsey Grammar/ Divid Hyde Pierce (or anyone else connected with the show) has ever done.

If it was a KG forum, or a DHP forum, your argument might carry more weight as you are addressing fans of the actor, but we are fans of the show.

The "real fan" bullshit gets on my nerves.

B.
mickeba wrote:Edwards, just cos we doubt the accuracy of this does NOT make us less than real fans.

C. If anything was going to make this more suspect, it was that two new members appear and both make their first posts on this thread in defence of the reunion not being a hoax.

Edwards wrote: I want all of you to hang your heads in shame when this show airs.

I won't be hanging my head in shame (sorry to dissapoijnt) i'll be watching the show and laughing my ass off.
The Cranes of Maine have got my Living Brain
Forever Jung

Postby mickeba » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:03 am

I'm no new member, and I read most of the posts on here, and have engaged in spirited defenses of many topics on here, and I can tell you that no one posting on here is a casual fan. It's a community of people who are very protective of the aspects of the show they like, and form very strong opinions.
mickeba

Postby tenpercenter » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:20 am

hope they dont
"blood is thicker than port. -
i stand corrected"
tenpercenter

Postby mickeba » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:43 am

I'd enjoy a non episodic reunion, similar to the Cheers 200 panel discussion. I'd enjoy seeing the cast just shooting the breeze about the show, reminiscenses, and just giving their take on the show. I don't think episodic reunions ever go as well as hoped, but a panel discussion could be great.
mickeba

Postby Moon-Crane » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:09 pm

mickeba wrote:I'd enjoy a non episodic reunion, similar to the Cheers 200 panel discussion. I'd enjoy seeing the cast just shooting the breeze about the show, reminiscenses, and just giving their take on the show. I don't think episodic reunions ever go as well as hoped, but a panel discussion could be great.

I'd certainly like to see something along those lines - as long as the cast were enthusiastic about it. Nothing so disappointing as those dvd commentaries recorded by people who obviously show no interest in their past shows :lol: I don't think that would be a problem for Frasier.

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby mickeba » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:08 am

I think a non episodic reunion is more of a possibility than an episodic one and would be far less potentially disappointing. With a new episode, the expectations would be so high, and could disappoint. A conversational reunion would just be fun and light and interesting. Insiteful too.
mickeba

Postby 1901 » Wed May 09, 2012 8:28 pm

I suppose they could have lost each others email & telephone number, hence why they decided to discuss and publish a private conversation via twitter.

Postby welshben23 » Wed May 09, 2012 10:22 pm

1901 wrote:I suppose they could have lost each others email & telephone number, hence why they decided to discuss and publish a private conversation via twitter.

:) It isn't Kelsey Grammer's official Twitter account.
welshben23

Postby Alicera » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:56 pm

I thought the rapport looked suspiciously Niles and Frasier like... I just found the accounts in question. The Kelsey account only has 400 followers and the DHP account has 800. If it were truly them, as established actors one would think they'd have quite a few more followers. I found another Kelsey account with over 90k followers. I take it that's the real deal? What about DHP? Does he have an actual twitter account?

At any rate, Jane Leeves, David Hyde Pierce and Kelsey Grammer have all dispelled the rumors of a Frasier reunion. Am I the only one who doesn't really want one? Most tv show reunions feel forced, imo. It's like, when the cast works together and sees one another on a daily basis, it all starts to look very warm and familial. Bringing them back together again after 10 years would probably appear forced. I'd rather they leave this one be. Even Jerry Seinfeld proclaimed that he'd rather leave the audience wanting more.
Alicera

Postby KevinWI » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:25 am

Hehehe, this exchange is obviously a hoax, if it wasn't clear by now.

First, it's not even Kelsey Grammer's official Twitter feed. The real one (with the "Verified" tag) can be found here:

https://twitter.com/#!/kelseyagrammer

Second, both faux DHP and faux KG describe themselves as "demigod" in their Twitter biographies. A very slight tip-off that they're both phony accounts written by the same person.
KevinWI

Next

Return to Frasier Discussion