Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Favourite delivery of a line

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Re: Favourite delivery of a line

Postby yumyum » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:04 am

There are so many, but one of my favorites is when Frasier bets Blaine, Lilith's swindling half-brother, that he can't name the disciples for $50 at dinner. Blaine does, takes the money and says, "$950 to go, pass the puh-tah-toes, please." The way he said "potatoes" cracks me up, every time!

Oooh! Another One! Daphne's ex-fiance comes over for dinner and the lies and story-telling get out of control (thanks, Martin). They have trouble keeping them straight. There's a knock at the door, and everyone shuts up in panic! Frasier's eyes get big, "Wh-wh-who is it?" I love when he turns around to look at everyone with this goofy, panic-stricken smile in an attempt to appear confident! Priceless!
yumyum

Postby ProOperaVoter » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:37 am

frasier floyd wrote:Need place to die!

:)

What?
"Sherry, Niles?"
ProOperaVoter

Postby frasier floyd » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:06 am

Niles says this in Dark Victory after he bursts back into Frasier's apartment all frazzled. The power had gone out and he had tried to go home to Maris. He says, "Garage door's electric! Can't open! Twenty floors back up! Lost count! Bad lady upstairs! Big dog! Need place to die!"
frasier floyd

Postby ChrisOates1001 » Sun May 05, 2013 8:39 am

Wow there's so many to choose from. But one that comes to mind now is the last line of the episode, Roz in the Doghouse.. Frasier has used the line, I'm listening a countless amount of times, but this is his best delivery of the line..

I think it's the quiet triumph in his voice that makes it stand out.. One of my favourite episode endings.
ChrisOates1001

Postby frasier floyd » Tue May 28, 2013 9:50 pm

Niles: "Daphne's picture was in the paper?" You can hear the love in his voice here. So sweet.
frasier floyd

Postby Cymru1991 » Tue May 28, 2013 11:52 pm

Not exactly my favourite delivery, but whenever Kelsey puts on his "Scotland Yard Inspector" voice in Ham Radio, I love how close it is to the voice he used for sideshow Bob in the Simpsons :D
Cymru1991

Postby hookedonfrasier » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:11 am

In the "Sliding Frasiers" episode;
Frasier: I just met a girl...
Daphne: So did she.
I just love that line. So funny!
Side Note: This may be the only online forum I've ever joined. That's how much I love this show. Just can't get enough if it.
hookedonfrasier

Postby Patrick » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:35 pm

Cymru1991 wrote:Not exactly my favourite delivery, but whenever Kelsey puts on his "Scotland Yard Inspector" voice in Ham Radio, I love how close it is to the voice he used for sideshow Bob in the Simpsons :D

KG makes a few impersonations during the show like when he says "AN HUNGARIAN GOOSE!" in We Two Kings. I am pretty sure that he's imitating someone there. Listen to it carefully; maybe you'll know who it is.

I know that when he says “A rug, where a rug doesn't belong." in Kisses sweeter than wine it's Bette Davis that he's imitating.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Previous

Return to Frasier Discussion