Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

"Friends?" plots...

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

"Friends?" plots...

Postby Patrick » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:49 pm

I've rewatched the first two seasons of Friends and so far I've found these plots that kinda ring a bell if you see what I mean.

1) Phoebe gets more money from her bank than she deserves and the harder she tries to give that money back the more money she ends up with...

2) Rachel finds out about Ross' love for her at the same time that Ross gets involved with another woman.

3) Rachel dates a Ross lookalike...

There were a couple others but I didn't write them down...
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Re: "Friends?" plots...

Postby Moon-Crane » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:21 pm

:D When you watch a whole bunch of US sitcoms you certainly see enough similar plot lines.

Do you know the differences between the air dates for each show's episodes? I know for the banking one that the Friends story was from S1 and Frasier's was S10, so that'd be 1994 and 2002 respectively? I'm not sure about the other ones, off-hand.
''Fire in the hole, Bitch!'' Jesse Pinkman - Breaking Bad

My Top TV
Moon-Crane

Postby Eddie2012 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:35 pm

3): Mixed Doubles/S4/nov 96 vs 'Russ'/S2/apr 96

2) Rachel and Ross discover their love very early in the series, but their on/off relationship (never mind their kid) can't really be compared to Niles' and Daphne's late bloomer.
Eddie2012

Postby Eddie2012 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:50 pm

Found another one: Ross dates a student / Niles dates Kit - this time Frasier (S6 June 99) 'beats' Friends (S6 Sep 00).

But considering that some episodes, I guess on any show, are shelved to be aired at a later date, I guess we can't know when they had actually been written? Not the banking plot, but the ones that aired fairly close to each other?
Eddie2012

Postby Patrick » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:09 pm

I am guessing that pretty much every series had a black out episode... Although that's not exactly a plot, more like a situation.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Postby Patrick » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:30 pm

Rachel sets up Chandler with her boss, the boss is happy but Chandler finds her extremely dull...
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Return to Frasier Discussion