Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

The return of Martin Crane.

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

The return of Martin Crane.

Postby Patrick » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:41 am

1) The dog walking issue:

It's the first and last time that we've heard of it. Plus what happened the next day and the day after that...? Did Eddie miraculously change his routine? Did they hire a dog walker? Did Frasier agree to cut short all his evenings in order to walk the damn dog? :roll:

2) Flash back Martin complains that his sons don't like him. Yay! Way to go Martin! Booting your son's wife's car will go a long way toward patching things up between the two of you! :roll:

Plus Martin is a criminal investigator, booting cars is not supposed to be part of his job, unless maybe the car is somehow impeding his investigation but even so I don't see how putting the boot on it will change anything.

What father behaves this way toward his son? Not mine and not any father I know of.( I also find it a bit grating that Martin found so funny that his son Frasier who provides him with room and board and physical therapy, sunk a small fortune into that failed restaurant venture. Way to bite the hand that feeds you!)

3) Martin says that the doctor said that he'll be out in a couple of days. What??? He's just been shot in the hip! I am no expert but I imagine that moving around so soon after a bullet ripped your tissues apart is likely to do more damage and cause internal bleeding.
Frasier: You started us down that path of insanity. Golda Meir.
Golda My-ass!
Patrick

Re: The return of Martin Crane.

Postby PistolPoet » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:00 pm

Patrick wrote:Plus Martin is a criminal investigator, booting cars is not supposed to be part of his job, unless maybe the car is somehow impeding his investigation but even so I don't see how putting the boot on it will change anything.

What father behaves this way toward his son? Not mine and not any father I know of.( I also find it a bit grating that Martin found so funny that his son Frasier who provides him with room and board and physical therapy, sunk a small fortune into that failed restaurant venture. Way to bite the hand that feeds you!)

Martin did traffic duty, which he talks about in You Scratch My Book.

Martin did his best to warn Frasier and Niles not to get into the restaurant business. And after all the events of the opening night, there's not much left to do but to laugh, and I don't really remember that he was laughing at Frasier particularly, but I could be wrong. Also, the money that went into the restaurant is never mentioned again, so if it wasn't such a big deal to the writers (and so to Frasier), I don't see why it would be a big deal to Martin.
"Whenever I'm wrong, the world makes a little less sense."
PistolPoet

Re: The return of Martin Crane.

Postby CatNamedRudy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:15 pm

That dog walking thing has annoyed the hell out of me. Dogs can go at least 8 hours without being let out. Eddie would have been just fine.
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Return to Frasier Discussion