Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

What happened to Daphne seasons 7-11?

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Re: What happened to Daphne seasons 7-11?

Postby Gabauer40 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:51 pm

I still watch the "later" episodes but I much prefer the older episodes. They jumped the shark when Niles and Daphne ended up together. The season ended with Daphne walking into the rv in her wedding dress. I think they should have started the next season with Niles in the rv and we see him sleeping and he dreamed that Daphne walked in. They could have saved the characters... Daphne could have still called off the wedding.., or Maybe Donny could have. Anyway, they could have had a couple more seasons of Niles pining over her and maybe end the whole show with them finally getting togrther... Still love the show though.
Gabauer40

Postby frasier floyd » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:45 pm

Hi Gabauer, I agree! Except I would've liked to see another twist besides the surprise dream, it seems too easy. What if they did drive away in the RV together but the stress of their exes caused Daphne to change her mind about Niles? Niles could still pine for her, probably moreso than ever, and we could watch Daphne begin to wonder/pine for him too. This way, if they did get together at the end, there would be a more believable build up to their relationship and we could imagine their lives ever after as we wished, rather than witnesses their lack of chemistry. But yes still love the show anyway. Welcome!
frasier floyd

Postby Fraise Fan » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:25 am

Maybe, the writers were just tired, and took the easy way out basically.

I tend to agree, if they'd have put that element back in, it would have been fun. Frasier could have made it to season 12 or even the rare 14-15th season. That would be unheard of for a comedy. but the show could have made it, especially with Friends off the air. But I guess actors tire of a series at 10 or 11 years. But maybe not, for what they make!

I think Daphne was a product of what the writers wanted her to be. Or her changes were a product of 1. her environment (family causing her ill will much of seasons 9-10 I think her Mom, etc...) .2. Changes in her life, becoming Niles girlfriend. 3. Growth as a woman, and as an "Americanized" woman perhaps. Becoming a little less English maybe due to the influence of living with Frasier and his Dad for 10 years.
Fraise Fan

Previous

Return to Frasier Discussion