Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Joe Keenen and Christopher Lloyd Return!!

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Joe Keenen and Christopher Lloyd Return!!

Postby Dan » Fri May 09, 2003 9:41 pm

I have good news. Next season, the two men who were key in making Frasier the success it was during it's first seven seasons are going to return to the staff as executive producers. Joe Keenen and Christopher Lloyd. Hell, this isn't good news, it's great news because because these two gentlemen we're largely responsibly for most of the best moments the show ever had and their creative genius has been sorely missed these last three years. If you go to tvguide.com, you can find the article. With Frasier ending next year it looks like they want to go out with class. This is probably the best news I've heard in a long time for this show.
Dan

Re: Joe Keenen and Christopher Lloyd Return!!

Postby Jocelyn » Sat May 10, 2003 12:28 pm

That's fantastic news. I hope they will be writing some episodes as well as producing. It's obvious that the sudden dip in quality after Season 7 was down to Lloyd and Keenan's departure. The scripts of Season 8 were nowhere near the quality of the previous classics. Season 9 was better though still not vintage Frasier. With Season 10 the show has regained much of it's energy with the last few week's episodes the most consistently funny in 3 years. The omens for the 11th Season then are extremely good. With the current high standard and these two returning geniuses it can hardly fail.
"Then came Lilith. If I knew then what I know now, I would have walked down the aisle with the ice sculpture and had her stand by the buffet table to keep the shrimp cold."

- Frasier recalls wedded bliss in Father Of The Bride
Jocelyn

Postby Dan » Sat May 10, 2003 6:32 pm

Actually, they probably will because they are going to share the show runner job with Dan O'Shannon. Which means they will have a say in what direction the show goes. This incompasses everthing from storyline ideas to scripting, so we can hope that their creative juices will bring new life into the scripts.
Dan

Postby Sam » Sat May 10, 2003 9:17 pm

BRILLIANT! Maybe I'll be adding some Season.11 episodes to my all-time classic list. I haven't had any classics since S.7.

Can't wait for their return!

Sam.
Sam

Return to Frasier Discussion