Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

What irritates you about 'Frasier'?

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Re: What irritates you about 'Frasier'?

Postby Daphne K » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:44 pm

Yes, it's true! I recently saw that Cheers episode, you can hear her voice. :D
You can fool them, but you can't fool me!
Daphne K

Postby Paul B » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:13 pm

I seem to re-call another episode where Vera is contemplating having an affair, and you hear a tape recording of her talking to the other man about how she loves Norm.
Paul B

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:39 pm

I wasn't doubting that we heard Vera's voice, I just don't ever remember it.

I only ever remember the incident with the pie in her face and seeing her legs on the steps outside the bar in the episode where she gets the job at Melville's. (S9s It's a Wonderful Wife)
This is the STUPIDEST day I've ever had!
CatNamedRudy

Postby NilesLover17 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:56 pm

Dr. Mary irritates me a little. She's a sweet woman and has good intentions...but she talks so loudly and quickly! (don't they all?) It's a bit too much for little deaf ole me!
NilesLover17

Location: Pressed up Randy's butt or probably stalking Niles & Daphne

Postby oasislady » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:01 pm

NilesLover17 wrote:Dr. Mary irritates me a little. She's a sweet woman and has good intentions...but she talks so loudly and quickly! (don't they all?) It's a bit too much for little deaf ole me!

YES YES YES

YES YES YES

YES YES YES

I cant stand dr. mary. I think she was meant to talk quickly though, to contrast frasiers slow soothing tones. As for loud, jeeze Frasier doesnt stop shouting! lol

I'm suprised Noel got a bad rap, i think his scene at the dinner in A new position was quite amusing. And i have a small crush on bulldog, his eyes twinkle when he smiles, and when he declared his love for roz, well that was cute in his own way...

I used to really not like Gill, but after Ham Radio and his boyhood chums in surrey, i love him lol... infact, im going to watch that episode right now! mulpaple murberwas :lol:
oasislady

Postby Hector » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:22 pm

I can't stand it when a character crys. Not talking about an emotional moment or a dramatic scene, I mean when a character cries for comedic effect. It just doesn't work and is some what of a turn-off, the only example I can think off is when Frasier tells Martin he doesn't like the painting he bought him or, OR in the last episode when they all thought Frasier was dying. Strangely enough, in contrast, I love it when the guys sing, either by the piano or in a bar somewhere.

What's with all the Gill hatred, I didn't know this existed...
Hector

Postby 5HR1NK » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:29 pm

I thought Gil was a good character, especially after watching Ham Radio, but I guess I see why people dislike the character.
The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it.
5HR1NK

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:39 pm

He's just grating and truthfully, he kind of gives me the creeps.
CatNamedRudy

Postby 5HR1NK » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:41 pm

I could tolerate Noel, but in later seasons he annoyed the hell out of me. Especially with Roz, it just got downright creepy (and stupid on the writer's part) after a while.
The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it.
5HR1NK

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:51 pm

5HR1NK wrote:I could tolerate Noel, but in later seasons he annoyed the hell out of me. Especially with Roz, it just got downright creepy (and stupid on the writer's part) after a while.

I agree. He turned from amusing to creepy stalker. Kind of gave me the feeling that if you went to his apartment he'd have all kinds of pictures of Roz all over all the walls and there would be "mementos" laying around. Like her pony tail that was cut off and other weird shit.
CatNamedRudy

Postby kat » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:33 pm

I quite like Gil, but that's only cos he reminds me of my Great Uncle John
If life gives you lemons, make lemon curd
kat

Postby Crane92 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:50 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:
5HR1NK wrote:I could tolerate Noel, but in later seasons he annoyed the hell out of me. Especially with Roz, it just got downright creepy (and stupid on the writer's part) after a while.

I agree. He turned from amusing to creepy stalker. Kind of gave me the feeling that if you went to his apartment he'd have all kinds of pictures of Roz all over all the walls and there would be "mementos" laying around. Like her pony tail that was cut off and other weird shit.

Just like that diehard frasier crane fan (:
Crane92

Postby Daphne K » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:24 pm

For instance Daphne's Room... I think Frasier had the time to leave the room but instead of leaving he went to her bathroom.
I know it's very funny but he could have gone away. :roll:
Daphne K

Postby jrsightes » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:47 pm

CatNamedRudy wrote:He's just grating and truthfully, he kind of gives me the creeps.

He's supposed to.
jrsightes

Postby CatNamedRudy » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:18 pm

jrsightes wrote:
CatNamedRudy wrote:He's just grating and truthfully, he kind of gives me the creeps.

He's supposed to.

I'm not sure Gil is supposed to give me the creeps.
CatNamedRudy

Postby jrsightes » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:22 am

CatNamedRudy wrote:
jrsightes wrote:

He's supposed to.

I'm not sure Gil is supposed to give me the creeps.

I think that was the whole purpose of his character (as well as Noal's) being in the show. They are supposed to be creepy guys who give you (and Frasier, Roz, etc.) a case of the heebie jeebies, which is often a great source of comedy.
jrsightes

Postby CatNamedRudy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:28 am

I disagree. I don't think "creepyness" was Gil's purpose so much as "camp." Gil is the stereotypical gay man who claimed to be straight. That's where the laughs were supposed to come from.

Noel went from just plain annoyingly creepy to truly psycho killer creepy.
CatNamedRudy

Postby Daphne K » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:26 pm

What irritates me...
is that Frasier seems to be very allergic to cats (the episode where he says goodbye to Kate at the airport) en later he to look after a cat and he's not allergic at all (The Placeholder). They should have paid more attention to it. :roll:
Daphne K

Postby Heather » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:48 am

Prolly so many scripts they get confused "what episode did that happen ?" :lol: :bigsmurf:
Not a girl yet not a woman (Britney Spears)
Heather

Postby seledoux » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:14 pm

Please bear with me - I responded as I read!

I think Frasier is great-looking! Not too fat at all. Especially in “The Doctor is Out” - his legs in those shorts are amazing!

I agree that Daphne lost a LOT over the course of the series. She lost her enchanting nature and became a coarser, less funny version of herself. Too bad.

Oh, that makes me think of the fact that in the latter seasons, she delivers lines with a bit of a sneer-look on her face. It's hard to describe.. but once you see it you'll know what I mean. And you can't un-see it! It gets very irritating!

I love Dr. Mary. Okay? Okay!

One line that always irritates me is in “Good Grief” when Roz, Martin, Niles and Daphne are doing the intervention on fat Frasier, and Daphne tells Roz “I've seen your baby too, she could stand to miss a meal or two.” It just seems so out-of-character for Daphne to call a months-old baby fat.

Also, the way everyone and their brother calls the restroom the 'powder room'. Is this a regional thing? The only person I've ever heard call it that is my 84 year old great-grandmother.

Finally, Daphne's bangs in the 7th season. Why do they have to hang in her eyes like that? I just want to reach into the screen and snip them off.
I might venture a theory at which you are sure to hoot.
seledoux

Postby CatNamedRudy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:44 pm

Welcome seledoux. Are you from the US?

Just curious because calling it a powder room is pretty common around where I live. I had lots of friends who had powder rooms when I was a kid. Especially if it was a bathroom off the kitchen, a foyer or a first floor laundry area.

I agree about the baby missing meals lines too. That doesn't really seem to be something Daphne would say to Roz.
CatNamedRudy

Postby pipboy30 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:30 am

ive got to be honest, and yes i know that these characters sometimes appeared in important episodes, but i really found it a chore to watch daphne's mother (the mother lode) and bebe (agents in america)
am not sure how many people are in here with me
pipboy30

Postby seledoux » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:40 am

haha, yes I am from the US.. Alaska to be exact. "Powder room" is a much more polite term, but it is very uncommon around here!

For the most part I dislike Mrs Moon.. though she does have some insight now and again [see my signature!].. However I adore Bebe. She grew on me over the course of the series until "Morning Becomes Entertainment", where I absolutely love her.
I might venture a theory at which you are sure to hoot.
seledoux

Postby CatNamedRudy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:11 am

Daphne's mother is annoying from start to finish. I adore Bebe. She's probably my favorite recurring character excluding Lilith. (because nobody beats Lilith as far as a recurring character)
CatNamedRudy

Postby Daphne K » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:49 pm

Heather wrote:Prolly so many scripts they get confused "what episode did that happen ?" :lol: :bigsmurf:

I guess Hard to say goodbye. :wink:
Daphne K

PreviousNext

Return to Frasier Discussion