Frasier Online
home About The Show Episode Guide Merchandise Forum Reviews Gallery Contact

Kenny On The Couch

Discussion of all things 'Frasier' - the episodes, the actors and other 'Frasier'-related topics.

Kenny On The Couch

Postby Jocelyn » Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:16 pm

Re: last night's episode:

What a rare treat to see Frasier practising "proper" psychiatry - albeit in his living room! As ever, his dad's common touch got the better of him. It's always a joy to watch Martin get one over his son ("Chess Pains" being the definitive episode). The final scene was a wonderful reminder of the chemistry between Grammer and Mahoney that has been a high point of the show ever since that classic pilot episode ten years ago. The yoga sub-plot was minor but quite amusing thanks to Alan Cumming's performance and Niles doing himself in. Ouch!

Overall then, another well above average episode in the ever-improving Season 10.
"Then came Lilith. If I knew then what I know now, I would have walked down the aisle with the ice sculpture and had her stand by the buffet table to keep the shrimp cold."

- Frasier recalls wedded bliss in Father Of The Bride
Jocelyn

Re: Kenny On The Couch

Postby fan » Tue Apr 22, 2003 7:55 pm

I must agree. The episodes with Frasier and Martin are always excellent. "Cranes unplugged, when they went camping together, was also a classic. Regarding the yoga in last nights episode......ouch is right!! I tried it for the first time last year and was definitely a "Niles". However I do suspect that D H P and J L are quite good at it in real life...!
fan

Postby Dave » Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:17 pm

I agree....yet another great show, and another great example of Kelsey and John Mahoney working so well together. So many Frasier classic moments have involved JM; I don't think he always gets the credit he deserves
Dave

Postby Anne » Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:32 am

Agree 100%....John Mahoney is brilliant as Martin Crane................he has deserved an emmy for years and always overlooked...........
Anne

Postby Sam » Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:51 pm

I'll third you on that. Mahoney is a fantastic actor (and person in general), and Martin Crane couldn't be played by anyone else. He's deserved an emmy from S.1 of the show, but has yet to get one; which I find very disappointing. I've watched over a dozen of the films he's appeared in, and every one of his performances he gives 110%.

He deserves MUCH more recognition than he's getting.

Sam.
Sam

Return to Frasier Discussion